SANDAG will be contracting for an estimated $200 million in On-Call and Mid-Coast Construction Management (CM) Contracts. The On-Call and Mid-Coast contracts will support transportation projects that include heavy rail, light rail, bus Rapid transit, freeways, highways, toll roads, local streets and roads, bikeways, and walkways.
We are committed to creating opportunities for small and disadvantaged businesses to participate in the On-Call and Mid- Coast contracts. To assist small businesses in participating, SANDAG developed the "Bench" program. The CM "Bench" is open to construction management firms that provide a variety of professional CM services and are certified as either a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) by the California Unified Certification Program (CUCP) or a Small Business (SB) certified by the California Department of General Services (DGS).
How can you participate in this innovative "Bench" program?
- Register in the SANDAG contracts vendor database at sandag.org/contracts
- Click on the "Register" tab; this will take you to the SANDAG Vendor Portal
- Click the New Vendor Registration button
- Complete the application
Next, register for the CM Bench:
- Bench Firm Certification tab: Under "Would you like to be certified as a Bench Firm?", select "Yes"
- Select "Construction Management (CM) Bench Certification"
- Answer the "Bench" questions
- When complete, click "Save & Exit" in the bottom right corner
For questions about the "Bench" program, please email us: SB.COORDINATOR@SANDAG.ORG
For NO COST assistance with your certifications or "Bench" registration, schedule an appointment with a consultant today: 760-795-8740.