- Find a FREE resource to help you - There are many of them out there; however, remember that not all consultants are created equal. There are some great ones and some not so great one...don't let a poor experience with one consultant at one resource turn you off from the resource completely. Where there are consultants that charge for small business assistance; there are 10 that are out there at no cost (SBDC - Small Business Development Centers)
- Make a list of all your positive qualities as they pertain to your business. As your friends to make a list too for you. On the other side, make a list of the areas that you feel your weaknesses lie. These lists will give you an idea of the areas to seek assistance in
- Identify a business that you have experience in, that you have a love for, and that you feel confident in. There are many aspects of being a business owner that you will learn; you don't want to also be learning your business idea at the same time
- Write a business plan. This may seem tedious and daunting but this "plan" will provide you with the "how" you are going to start, run, and be successful in your business. It doesn't have to be the next Best Selling Novel; this is your guide book...your roadmap to success (For assistance in writing your business plan; check out the upcoming NO COST workshop at the SBDC North San Diego County on Business Plans: CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT WORKSHOP!!!)
- Sit down with your friends and family; discuss your plan and ask for support. Some of them may be skeptical and that's ok; ask those around you for help.
Get started on your business by attending the upcoming Essential Tools for Starting a Business at the SBDC North San Diego County, held the 1st Thursday of every month from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. CLICK HERE TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT!!!