Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Mid-Coast Transit Constructors (MCTC), a fully integrated joint venture between Stacy and Witbeck, Herzog, and Skanska, is thrilled to introduce its Construction Bench Program!
MCTC is looking for local certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) and Small Business (SB) firms and suppliers to enroll in their construction Bench Program, which will provide enrolled firms with preferential subcontract opportunities on the Mid-Coast Corridor Transit Project. MCTC seeks to include a variety of services from DBE and SB firms. The Construction Bench will serve as a shortlist of contract-ready firms from which MCTC will be able to expeditiously seek bids and put DBE/SB firms to work in order to meet the ongoing needs of the project.
To be considered for the Construction Bench Program, firms must be certified as either a DBE by the California Unified Certification Program (CUCP) or a SB by the California Department of General Services (DGS). Candidate firms will also need:
· A current Department of Industrial Relations number
· Quality Safety Records
· A California Contractor’s License
· Applicable NAICS Codes
MCTC will offer DBE firms assistance with bonding, insurance and financing. MCTC will be releasing construction bench opportunities throughout the project, and will apply deadlines for questionnaire submission prior to their release. Please submit completed questionnaires by December 30, 2016 for consideration for work in early 2017.
Construction Bench Program Scopes of Work:
Scopes of work include, but are not limited to, the following: Tree removal, fencing, landscaping, electrical, masonry, painting, traffic control, trucking, concrete flatwork, anti-graffiti coating and clearing and grubbing.
HOW TO APPLY:To apply for the MCTC Construction Bench Program, download and fill out the MCTC Questionnaire here: www.mctcjv.com/contractorbench, and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. All eligible DBE and SB firms are encouraged to apply.
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
The program is designed to provide entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling and mentoring, and referrals for eligible veterans owning or considering starting a small business enterprise.
This month, in the first month of operation, the VBOC in partnership with the North San Diego SBDC is offering the following FREE training:
- Small Business Legal Issues: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7443
- Writing a Business Plan: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7446
- How to Hire: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7448
- Online Marketing: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7447
- Credit Recovery: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7449
- Beyond the Basics (Advanced Government Contracting - Intro) Module 1: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7451
- Beyond the Basics (Advanced Government Contracting - Capabilities Statements) Module 2: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7453
- Beyond the Basics (Advanced Government Contracting - Certifications, including Veteran Certifications) Module 3: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7454
- Beyond the Basics (Advanced Government Contracting Multiple Award Schedules (GSA) and Bidding) Module 4: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7457
- Customer Service: http://sba-vboc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7462
- More Sales; Less Selling:
Although trainings are free, pre-registration is required. To view our calendar of events: http://socalvboc.com/ and click on "Click Here To View Our Training Events Calendar."
VBOCs are directed by the Small Business Act (Title 15 U.S.C. sec 637 (b)) to participate in the Defense Department’s Transition Assistance Program. Since 2013, the Boots to Business program has trained over 40,000 transitioning service members, Reservists and National Guard members, and military spouses.
MiraCosta Community College District is one of six new VBOCs announced in 2016 making a total of 19 centers nationwide.
To schedule a free appointment with a VBOC Business Advisor, please go to our website: http://socalvboc.com/ and click on "Click Here To Request Our Services."
For additional information:
SOCAL Veterans Business Outreach Center
2075 Las Palmas Drive,
Carlsbad, CA 92011 US
Director: Carlos E. FIgari, MBA